What does AEM actually do?
We get this a lot, likely because our products and services are quite technical. Since 2009, AEM has designed, manufactured, certified, and built communication equipment for a broad range of aircraft. We also provide troubleshooting, repair, and refurbishment services for the products that we make, and also offer manufacturing services to emerging companies who need a quick go-to-market solution for their electronics.
What is it like to work at AEM?
Working at AEM means you’re a part of a fun, humorous, age-diverse—somewhat introverted—family of self-identified geeks. We’re 90-ish strong, protect our culture, and value our people.
We protect our weekends, working Monday to Friday—that’s it. Weekends and holidays are for family, friends, and hobbies. The expectation that people are tethered to their jobs by way of mobile phones and remote access seems universal across industries, but we think this is unhealthy. AEM makes conscious decisions to support a culture of boundaries and work-life balance.
AEM is a direct descendant of Northern Airborne Technology (NAT); many of our staff come from NAT lineage—they take pride in NAT’s legacy and share their skill, experience, and capability with the rest of us.
- Competitive wage and health benefits—we provide not only extended medical and dental but a health spending account, too. AEM also pays for MSP!
- Vacation time after only three months
- Double-match pension plan (two to one match!)
- Flexible hours
- Extra paid days off in addition to statutory holidays
- Bursary program for graduating children of our staff
- Pizza days, BBQs, and team lunches to celebrate positive quota months
- Extra-curricular events and activities
What is it like to work in Kelowna?
Living and working in the Okanagan is marvellous, and not merely because of the lake and beaches. Kelowna is a tech hotspot, we have over 300 km of on-street bike lanes, and all four seasons are excellent for outdoor activity.
AEM is always growing! Check out our current openings.