At AEM, our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees, families, customers, and the community we operate in. The continued spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Canada and around the world has understandably raised concerns for your businesses, especially as we face more changes to our daily routines and future plans. AEM has taken a proactive stance with regards to the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to monitor the impact on our industry as things continue to unfold.
We have a robust business continuity plan that we are following and adjusting in real time, as the situation evolves, to make sure we can continue to serve our customers. We are committed to providing our customers with the same high level of service and products that they have always expected from AEM as a leading Global Provider of Specialty Aviation Solutions.
At AEM, we have introduced the following measures to limit any potential impact on our deliveries and obligations to our customers:
- Engaged with our suppliers and subcontractors to ensure proactive communication on availability and lead times. As of today, no deliveries or product lead times from AEM are currently affected by any shortages or delays from our suppliers and subcontractors. This situation is monitored daily and changes that impact our supply chain will be assessed and communicated to our customers.
- Suspended all business-related travel until further notice.
- Implemented additional meeting, cleaning and personal hygiene protocol within our facilities to maximize the health of our employees and minimize the chance of potential contamination
- Asked employees who are feeling unwell, suspect they’ve been exposed to the COVID-19 virus or have recently travelled outside of Canada for to stay home and/or self-isolate for 14 days as per the latest recommendations from major public health organizations.
- Implemented screening of all visitors entering the facility for travel outside of Canada in the last 14 days, and for symptoms of COVID-19, prior to being admitted.
- Following the best practice recommendations of local, provincial, and federal public health organizations, including Public Health Agency of Canada, local health authorities, and the World Health Organization to ensure we are aligned with the latest recommendations. We will continue to do so as the situation unfolds and modify as instructed.
AEM will continue to be proactive in our efforts and would like to thank the entire Global community—our employees, customers, vendors, and partners—for supporting each other while we navigate this unusual time. I find it reassuring that many other employers and organizations are doing their best to help slow the spread of COVID-19. It is a testament to people’s true natures: in times of uncertainty we want to offer our support to one another. So, let’s continue to do just that and move forward together.
Brian Wall, CEO
Anodyne Electronics Manufacturing Corp